DIRECTOR OF ENVIRONMENTAL SERVICES- COLUMBUS Job
Date: Mar 8, 2014
Location: Columbus, OH, US
Charlotte-based Compass Group North America is the leader in support services. By combining fresh ideas with the industry's greatest talent, we continue to set the standards for service excellence. Our vision for success is a powerful one - to continue to rise above the competition in every aspect of our business - from leading-edge technology, to purchasing, to facilities management and support services. That kind of commitment commands only the best, and it's our great people providing great service that generates our great results. In turn, it's important to us that our talented employees be given the proper resources to achieve their fullest potential. Play a key role in our future success:
Crothall Healthcare Inc., provides customer focused support services. As specialists, we perform services including healthcare housekeeping, management in laundry processing, patient transportation, business facilities management and clinical engineering. Crothall is a compilation of the most committed and talented individuals working in the industry today. Our dedication to quality, exceptional customer service, and unequivocal results allow us to provide the best outcomes to our clients.
And, as a member of Compass Group North America, we want you to be as great as you can be. We empower our associates to direct their own future, keeping them confident that we support them every step of the way. As a result, our associates embody greatness through their actions, natural passion for quality, and a can-do attitude. Generous compensation, flexible benefits package, intense training, unrivaled career opportunities, and a shared passion for quality attract the best people to Crothall Healthcare Inc. The opportunity for greatness is real at CrothallHealthcare Inc., and throughout the Compass world.
If you are looking for a rewarding career where you can make a difference, Crothall is the place for you. We are looking for energetic, passionate and career minded people to join our team and help grow our business.
This is a GREAT OPPORTUNITY to become a leader in a great company and growing corporation. In this position you will be responsible for the overall management of the Housekeeping Department. You will be responsible for successfully coordinating and supporting all activities of the department; working with all levels of the facility staff in matters relating to the cleanliness of the facility.
· Responsible for department's financial data and statistics.
· Monitoring of unit expenditures.
· Develop and recommend department operating budget and ensure the department operates within budget.
· Coordinate housekeeping activities with other departments.
· Actively communicate with administration and other hospital departments.
· Plan, organize, direct, coordinate, and supervise functions and activities of the department.
· Establish work standards and work flow.
· Establish and implement policies and procedures for departmental operations.
· Encourage and mentor staff creativity and innovation.
· Ensure compliance with all regulatory agencies.
· Proactive in the achievement of the facility goals and objectives.
· Demonstrate quality leadership in meeting performance plans.
· Read and develop in the Total Quality Management process.
· Develop and maintain job descriptions for department staff.
· Encourage staff to participate in education programs.
· Four year college degree and equal related experience required.
· Six years of housekeeping management experience at a large hospital account required.
· Must have the ability to analyze and interpret financial and other data.
· General business acumen.
· Excellent interpersonal skills.
· High Customer Service and quality attitude.
· Ability to work under pressure and meet established goals and objectives.
· Public speaking skills.
Ability to utilize a participative approach to managing staff, to organize and prioritize tasks, and to develop budgets with a complete understanding of facility needs and requirements.
Excellent stress management skills, administrative and organizational, and follow-through (with associates and clients) skills required
Proficient in the use of Windows based office software including but not limited to Microsoft Office, Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook.
Great People. Great Service. Great Results.
At Compass Group North America, our superior balance of efficiency and quality attract the highest caliber level of service our clients deserve. We retain the finest workers with a highly competitive compensation and comprehensive benefits plan. If you're looking for a career where you set the standard for personal advancement, then Compass Group North America is for you! Working together, we will continue to experience success as the industry's best.
Achieving leadership in the support services industry
Compass Group North America is a diversity growth-oriented organization. Our goal is to improve the quality of work life by using fair and consistent treatment and providing equal growth opportunities for ALL associates. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer that considers applicants without regard to race, sex, religion, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
Job ID: SD01091431488
Nearest Major Market: Columbus
Nearest Secondary Market: Dublin
Job Segments: Housekeeping, Manager, Engineer, Quality Manager, Healthcare, Management, Hospitality, Engineering, Quality